Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Non-Technical » Interior

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014, 18:21 
Filter & Exhaust
Filter & Exhaust

So guys,

The previous owners of my vehicle, were smokers.. 20 or so years of smoking in the cars has taking its toll on the cloth.. The seats, as well as door card cloth has black dirt and cigarette smoke gunk on it, and smells the car up.. The drivers side seat is rubbed away to the metal innards on the top and bottom side support..

I think this constitutes some new seats... Yes..?

The way I see it, I buy new, aftermarket seats, but i dont want bucket seats and I dont know if you get a normal or normalish aftermarket seat and if you do, what is the quality..???

I could also hunt for decent looking seats from the scrappies and have them recovered.. On a good day, with decent cloth that could set me back at least 3k I am sure, more if I go leather ( i aint doing no pleather).

I could also look for later model seats from across the Opel range, but then, how much of a las is it to make them fit my kadett F..?? The corsa c seats are real comfortable, and the pleather like material on the base corsa cute looks and feels pretty durable and long lasting..

So anyone been in this situation before and care to offer some advise..?? Anyonel else 2cents also welcome..

The ridez....
His:
2004 Opel Corsa C 1.6 Sport
Hers:
2005 Rord Fiesta 1.4
In Loving Memory:
'94 Kadett/Astra F 140 Carb

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014, 18:57 
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

I put some Peugeot 206 Gti seats in my Uno Turbo, too bucket seats out as they were too uncomfortable...
you could find a set of seats on gumtree or something and have some brackets made up to fit ur car :)

8)

ex: '98 130i Snoek Bakkie
ex: '04 Fiat Stilo 1.6 16V
ex: '04 Mini Cooper S

Current:
Renault Clio 4 - 0.9 Tce 8)
97 Uno Turbo

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014, 20:15 
Filter & Exhaust
Filter & Exhaust

Toy wrote:
I put some Peugeot 206 Gti seats in my Uno Turbo, too bucket seats out as they were too uncomfortable...
you could find a set of seats on gumtree or something and have some brackets made up to fit ur car :)

At the moment thats the way I am leaning towards.. Good condition seats, from a later model car should be around 2500k, and could even get leather for that price.. I am however very finicky when it comes to engineering work.. having a little background there and all.. I will just about trust just myself with engineering work..

The ridez....
His:
2004 Opel Corsa C 1.6 Sport
Hers:
2005 Rord Fiesta 1.4
In Loving Memory:
'94 Kadett/Astra F 140 Carb

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014, 22:25 
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member

Buy any seats you want. If its not similar to your car, take your original seats of its rails. Weld the new seats on.

Pleather still burns your skin in summer, and its cold in winter. The GSi Kadett's material is a nice balance.

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014, 11:40 
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

slayer wrote:
Toy wrote:

At the moment thats the way I am leaning towards.. Good condition seats, from a later model car should be around 2500k, and could even get leather for that price.. I am however very finicky when it comes to engineering work.. having a little background there and all.. I will just about trust just myself with engineering work..

yeah, i did all the engineering/brackets for the seats myself... even welded in some support brackets just to give it some extra strenght :thumbup:

8)

ex: '98 130i Snoek Bakkie
ex: '04 Fiat Stilo 1.6 16V
ex: '04 Mini Cooper S

Current:
Renault Clio 4 - 0.9 Tce 8)
97 Uno Turbo

Board index » Non-Technical » Interior