Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Non-Technical » Interior

Post subject: centre console light??
 Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008, 12:31 

does any1 else wiff a 2l kadett also have no lights on the centre console coz if i must turn my dials on at night i cant see jack my broe....no lighting behind the console .......what do i do and how do i take off the centre console 2 check ....coz i tried 2 take it off b4 and i &$#@en broke the fan dial ....so i wann do it properly dis time

Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008, 12:41 
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE

the globes have popped bra - i have same issue - and no i dnt lus to take it apart

pm justcruizin or opelluvr - they know what goes there

jc removes that when he does the LEd lights .....

Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008, 12:44 

thanx bra ......

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008, 15:46 

ok so i already stripped it 2 day .....if any1 else is interested this is how u strip it
1--take out screws at the bottom (near ashtray)
2--just behind your vents ,next 2 hazards there are also 2 screws .....u have to pop off the vents they come off quite easily with a flat screwdriver
3--to play it safe i 2k off the covers over the steering wheel as well coz the centre cosole goes underneath it and there is also a screw there

4-- once u've done that the centre console should come out quite easily

TIP: its a good idea 2 take out ur deck/radio/loader as well

Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008, 20:02 

shot outjie- did u get other globies? where ? how much ?

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008, 02:01 

i thought that k@k place midas would have it ....they had some globe that i thought would've worked in there ....but not so surprising they didnt ...ai ...and then i had 2 use my car the next day so i had 2 put it all back 2getha again without the damn globe in there........its only 1 globe and the fool who had my car b4 took the globe out coz there was no globe soz i cant even show the spares places a sample .....if some1 else is doing this then plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz let me know what type of globe it is

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008, 21:20 
Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip

therecanbeonly1 wrote:
i thought that k@k place midas would have it ....they had some globe that i thought would've worked in there ....but not so surprising they didnt ...ai ...and then i had 2 use my car the next day so i had 2 put it all back 2getha again without the damn globe in there........its only 1 globe and the fool who had my car b4 took the globe out coz there was no globe soz i cant even show the spares places a sample .....if some1 else is doing this then plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz let me know what type of globe it is

There is more than one bulb. as far as I remember it is a globe that is all glass and fits into a holder. if the holders are all gone you have more problems.

Complete with - cracked windscreen, fading boot spoiler + bumpers, melted fusebox, incorrect grill, no headliner,cracked front disks, warped rear, 1X buckled and scraped mag 2X buckled

Gomoto GT125 71000km, 7kw of frame bending power :-) Still the most reliable vehicle I have owned

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008, 21:44 

ok gouraami ....not sure u're on the same page here ....i'm talking about the lights /light behind the fan and dialls aircon section.....not behind the speedo and odo.....those would be easy enuff 2 get ......

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008, 21:45 

we on the same page

Complete with - cracked windscreen, fading boot spoiler + bumpers, melted fusebox, incorrect grill, no headliner,cracked front disks, warped rear, 1X buckled and scraped mag 2X buckled

Gomoto GT125 71000km, 7kw of frame bending power :-) Still the most reliable vehicle I have owned

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008, 21:46 

not the grey and green ones behind the cluster, these have black holders with two big pins at the back.

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008, 21:48 

hahaha......i 2k it off so i saw where it needs to go ....it looks like 2 "prongs" and the globe goes inbetween the two these "prongs" also have holes in them where the globe/bulb would fit in2

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008, 21:50 

u know u might actually have a point there .....could possibly have a plastic holder with the contacts on the outside of the said plastic holder.....mmm

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008, 19:57 
Filter & Exhaust
Filter & Exhaust

i think i got of these lights
pm me and il get back to u

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008, 16:10 

fbi u coming to the hookup @ n1 city ...coz then maybe i can get the globes from u there

Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008, 10:00 
Filter & Exhaust
Filter & Exhaust

Are htere supposed to be lights behind the aircon buttons at the bottom?

Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008, 10:06 

yes ...my centre console is so dark u cant see what or where u turning at night and i did strip 2 check there should be a single light behind the whole console ...so i know what im talking about ...hehe i mean otherwise i would look like a real "box" ....hehehehehehe

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008, 14:21 

therecanbeonly1 wrote:
yes ...my centre console is so dark u cant see what or where u turning at night and i did strip 2 check there should be a single light behind the whole console ...so i know what im talking about ...hehe i mean otherwise i would look like a real "box" ....hehehehehehe

Gouraami wrote:
There is more than one bulb.

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008, 14:52 
Filter & Exhaust
Filter & Exhaust

Cause my lights were dead too. I replace the bulbs some time ago but the aircon buttons at the bottom still have no light

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008, 17:08 

There will be a light there too, time to strip again!

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2008, 08:21 
Filter & Exhaust
Filter & Exhaust

Aaahh S#&t!! Nah, I'm gonna leave mine as is for now

Need to change the bulbs in my 180, gonna make sure I get them all this time

Board index » Non-Technical » Interior