Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Technical Talk » Projects

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
 Post Posted: 04 May 2015, 11:18 
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE

:Hi:

Post Posted: 07 May 2015, 14:39 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

Viper

You car sounds good!
When you pulled up the hill from Starlite :clap:

Post Posted: 07 May 2015, 14:41 
Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip

Corsa Addict wrote:
Viper

You car sounds good!
When you pulled up the hill from Starlite :clap:

Thanks CA! Keeping the Corsa name high :Obvious:

:Thanks:

Build/Banter thread : viewtopic.php?f=30&t=26607

Ex Daily Lady: 2014 KTM Duke 390 - Lady Katlin (RIP)
Ex Adrenaline Rush: 1997 Suzuki GSX-R 750 SRAD
Ex Daily: 1992 VW Fox 1600

Post Posted: 07 May 2015, 15:40 

it didn't take two days to pull up the hill :)

flames are impressive . . .

Post Posted: 07 May 2015, 15:41 

Mr Lupini wrote:
it didn't take two days to pull up the hill :)

flames are impressive . . .

:lol:

Flames? What flames? When I pulled in or when I went up the hill?

Post Posted: 08 May 2015, 07:40 

when you tried to idle LOKL

Post Posted: 08 May 2015, 07:59 

Mr Lupini wrote:
when you tried to idle LOKL

:LaughOUTLoud:

Post Posted: 08 May 2015, 09:35 

Have you sorted out the fan issue yet?

Complete with - cracked windscreen, fading boot spoiler + bumpers, melted fusebox, incorrect grill, no headliner,cracked front disks, warped rear, 1X buckled and scraped mag 2X buckled

Gomoto GT125 71000km, 7kw of frame bending power :-) Still the most reliable vehicle I have owned

Post Posted: 08 May 2015, 09:42 

Gouraami wrote:
Have you sorted out the fan issue yet?

Pffft :lol:

Post Posted: 08 May 2015, 10:01 

what's a fan ?

Post Posted: 08 May 2015, 10:02 

:GoodPost:

Post Posted: 09 May 2015, 07:56 
Filter & Exhaust
Filter & Exhaust

:NothingToAdd:

"Love Never Fails"

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 08:51 

Pat wrote:
Update on your ride? Still going lekker with that 1800? I still want to do this conversion but the cash flow is looking maar sleg, don't earn a lot so saving all I can. :problem: Where did you get those throttles? I schemed I also want to plak the X18XE in there and throttle it, keeping the engine standard but making it sound mooi. Will be saving up till I have so 30k in the bank, after this month I'll be trekking by 10k, slowly but surely, hopefully after 10 - 12 months I will have enough to moer everything together and then take a month leave to do the car :claugh: :mrgreen:
Safe meneer. :thumbup:

Before I say anything, I need to make sure you understand this.

There's often confusion between these 1.8 16v engine codes. There's X18XE, X18XE1 and Z18XE.

X18XE = big block. Won't be a 'straight' fit. You'll need new shafts, gearbox etc.
X18XE1 = Astra G CSE engine. Cable throttle body. PERFECT for a Corsa.
Z18XE = Zafira 1.8 and Corsa SRi motor. Electronic throttle body. You'll need a cable throttle body from am X18XE1 to get this engine to work in a Corsa B/C. I have one lying around if you want it. But if you're going throttles you won't need it anyway. You might be able to get the importer to swap the throttle out for you. But that's a long shot.

There's NO difference in power between the Z18XE and X18XE1 if you're using the cable throttle. With their own throttle body, they're different, but if you're using the cable throttle from the X18XE1, the power will come out the same. There's a pic of the throttle body somewhere in this thread.

Throttles and trumpets you get off Gumtree. The 43mm silvertop Toyota throttles will be your best bet.
TPS you get from Sparxx auto. Don't buy this second hand.
Dicktator is from Ferroli. You'll need the 60-2.
Coilpack for a Corsa B GSi gives better spark than that crap thing on the Ecotech. Make sure it's 4-pin.
You'll need to get a front radiator hose from an Astra G 1.8.
You'll obviously need the motor, and a bunch of stuff I haven't mentioned in this post, but take a some time and read through this thread. It's got 95% of the info you'll need.

We could also meet up some time and I can show you what's happened under the bonnet.

R30k? If I was you, I'd start by doing all the research you can on this conversion, and then start buying parts as you find them. Just one thing, BUY THE MOTOR LAST! Because you've got a 30 guarantee on it, you buy it the day before you fit it. You also don't need a month to do this. This can and has been been done over a weekend minus the tuning.

So start doing your research this weekend. The more you know, the easier this process will be, and the less opportunity there is for things to go wrong because you didn't know. But ask as many questions as you need to: Here's some starting material for you to read (I hope you're registered on the Opel Owners Forum):

LeratoGP's UTE: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22815
Boetamac's UTE (2 day build): viewtopic.php?f=30&t=26341
ThatOneGuy's Hatch: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=27899
Diablo's 2L (Great build, good motivational thread): viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15685
MadCorsa's thread (Engine p0rn warning): http://www.opelownersforum.co.za/viewto ... f=9&t=5774
TrippleScar's thread: http://www.opelownersforum.co.za/viewto ... f=32&t=101

Here are some motivational threads:
Pas-Chill's XE thread: http://www.opelownersforum.co.za/viewto ... =32&t=1597
Gavsadler's maniac UTE: http://www.opelownersforum.co.za/viewto ... f=32&t=571

Lastly....

Good luck :thumbup:

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015, 03:59 
Cruising with a Cone Filter

Viper1350 wrote:
Pat wrote:
Update on your ride? Still going lekker with that 1800? I still want to do this conversion but the cash flow is looking maar sleg, don't earn a lot so saving all I can. :problem: Where did you get those throttles? I schemed I also want to plak the X18XE in there and throttle it, keeping the engine standard but making it sound mooi. Will be saving up till I have so 30k in the bank, after this month I'll be trekking by 10k, slowly but surely, hopefully after 10 - 12 months I will have enough to moer everything together and then take a month leave to do the car :claugh: :mrgreen:
Safe meneer. :thumbup:

Before I say anything, I need to make sure you understand this.

There's often confusion between these 1.8 16v engine codes. There's X18XE, X18XE1 and Z18XE.

X18XE = big block. Won't be a 'straight' fit. You'll need new shafts, gearbox etc.
X18XE1 = Astra G CSE engine. Cable throttle body. PERFECT for a Corsa.
Z18XE = Zafira 1.8 and Corsa SRi motor. Electronic throttle body. You'll need a cable throttle body from am X18XE1 to get this engine to work in a Corsa B/C. I have one lying around if you want it. But if you're going throttles you won't need it anyway. You might be able to get the importer to swap the throttle out for you. But that's a long shot.

There's NO difference in power between the Z18XE and X18XE1 if you're using the cable throttle. With their own throttle body, they're different, but if you're using the cable throttle from the X18XE1, the power will come out the same. There's a pic of the throttle body somewhere in this thread.

Throttles and trumpets you get off Gumtree. The 43mm silvertop Toyota throttles will be your best bet.
TPS you get from Sparxx auto. Don't buy this second hand.
Dicktator is from Ferroli. You'll need the 60-2.
Coilpack for a Corsa B GSi gives better spark than that crap thing on the Ecotech. Make sure it's 4-pin.
You'll need to get a front radiator hose from an Astra G 1.8.
You'll obviously need the motor, and a bunch of stuff I haven't mentioned in this post, but take a some time and read through this thread. It's got 95% of the info you'll need.

We could also meet up some time and I can show you what's happened under the bonnet.

R30k? If I was you, I'd start by doing all the research you can on this conversion, and then start buying parts as you find them. Just one thing, BUY THE MOTOR LAST! Because you've got a 30 guarantee on it, you buy it the day before you fit it. You also don't need a month to do this. This can and has been been done over a weekend minus the tuning.

So start doing your research this weekend. The more you know, the easier this process will be, and the less opportunity there is for things to go wrong because you didn't know. But ask as many questions as you need to: Here's some starting material for you to read (I hope you're registered on the Opel Owners Forum):

LeratoGP's UTE: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22815
Boetamac's UTE (2 day build): viewtopic.php?f=30&t=26341
ThatOneGuy's Hatch: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=27899
MadCorsa's thread (Engine p0rn warning): http://www.opelownersforum.co.za/viewto ... f=9&t=5774
TrippleScar's thread: http://www.opelownersforum.co.za/viewto ... f=32&t=101

Here are some motivational threads:
Pas-Chill's XE thread: http://www.opelownersforum.co.za/viewto ... =32&t=1597
Gavsadler's maniac UTE: http://www.opelownersforum.co.za/viewto ... f=32&t=571

Lastly....

Good luck :thumbup:

LoL yes meneer shot, I have read through your whole thread when I was at work one night, going over everything. I made a list of things I need but will still need a lot of other things. I did take a look on Gumtree yesterday to see what's happening but could not find some, Autostyle in JHB is mal with their throttle prices, almost asked them if they smoked tik or something, 10k for throttles :Uhmm: :LaughOUTLoud:
If I run the Z18 would I need a swap for the shafts? I was looking at sommer replacing the drums and discs at the front as they not so lekker anymore, I also want to replace the rad as that one doesn't look nice at all. The previous owner hit a small bokkie on the side on the road and I think it's still the same rad. So it would be wiser to get the Z18 and then just swap the TB to ITB's? I have looked through Lerato, UTE Lover, Diablo and Boetamac's thread, all very good and done thoroughly. I see that Carl knows about the wiring, but would be super if he could point me in a direction of somebody that could do that. I'll take a look at all the other thread's tonight still, the hotel is really quite at 03:40AM :LaughOUTLoud: Yoh if I could see your car it would be great, the coil pack I must still figure out where to get, seka maar Masterparts?
Mad Corsa's Engine p0rn :LaughOUTLoud: :Iwantit: I have some wicked ideas for my bakkie and don't want to sell it, will post some pics of it in a bit on the other thread under rides. I live in Seesig apartment building in Loevenstein so whenever meneer has time I would really appreciate a look :Thanks: TrippleScar is mad...a 2L turbo next?! Has mos a lot of kroon laying around...
Looks like I can't see the images you posted on here? My name is Patrick, Pat is just a nickname vibe.

I would not mind for a 2L conversion, however it looks like a lot more work and I want the car to be reliable. Do you mean register to this forum? Once again shot for the advice I really appreciate it! :thumbup: Would 30k not be enough money?... :Uhmm:

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015, 08:04 

Pat wrote:
Viper1350 wrote:
LoL yes meneer shot, I have read through your whole thread when I was at work one night, going over everything. I made a list of things I need but will still need a lot of other things. I did take a look on Gumtree yesterday to see what's happening but could not find some, Autostyle in JHB is mal with their throttle prices, almost asked them if they smoked tik or something, 10k for throttles :Uhmm: :LaughOUTLoud:
If I run the Z18 would I need a swap for the shafts? I was looking at sommer replacing the drums and discs at the front as they not so lekker anymore, I also want to replace the rad as that one doesn't look nice at all. The previous owner hit a small bokkie on the side on the road and I think it's still the same rad. So it would be wiser to get the Z18 and then just swap the TB to ITB's? I have looked through Lerato, UTE Lover, Diablo and Boetamac's thread, all very good and done thoroughly. I see that Carl knows about the wiring, but would be super if he could point me in a direction of somebody that could do that. I'll take a look at all the other thread's tonight still, the hotel is really quite at 03:40AM :LaughOUTLoud: Yoh if I could see your car it would be great, the coil pack I must still figure out where to get, seka maar Masterparts?
Mad Corsa's Engine p0rn :LaughOUTLoud: :Iwantit: I have some wicked ideas for my bakkie and don't want to sell it, will post some pics of it in a bit on the other thread under rides. I live in Seesig apartment building in Loevenstein so whenever meneer has time I would really appreciate a look :Thanks: TrippleScar is mad...a 2L turbo next?! Has mos a lot of kroon laying around...
Looks like I can't see the images you posted on here? My name is Patrick, Pat is just a nickname vibe.

I would not mind for a 2L conversion, however it looks like a lot more work and I want the car to be reliable. Do you mean register to this forum? Once again shot for the advice I really appreciate it! :thumbup: Would 30k not be enough money?... :Uhmm:

Z18XE or X18XE1 is going to be your easiest swop. It doesn't matter which one. Just make sure the motor is sound. These engines are a straight bolt on with your gearbox, clutch, shafts and everything. Even the engine mountings are the same :Bravo:

For the coilpack, you go to any Goldwagen and ask them for the Corsa B GSi 4-pin coilpack. And then you ask carlgsi very nicely if he can do your wiring, or help you with the wiring.

With regards to the 2L motor... I'm not the right guy to ask :lol: I don't know much about it. But R30k will be enough for a Z18XE or X18XE1 with some throttles if you decide it. :thumbup:

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015, 22:58 

Viper1350 wrote:
Pat wrote:
Viper1350 wrote:

Z18XE or X18XE1 is going to be your easiest swop. It doesn't matter which one. Just make sure the motor is sound. These engines are a straight bolt on with your gearbox, clutch, shafts and everything. Even the engine mountings are the same :Bravo:

For the coilpack, you go to any Goldwagen and ask them for the Corsa B GSi 4-pin coilpack. And then you ask carlgsi very nicely if he can do your wiring, or help you with the wiring.

With regards to the 2L motor... I'm not the right guy to ask :lol: I don't know much about it. But R30k will be enough for a Z18XE or X18XE1 with some throttles if you decide it. :thumbup:

I just found out what the prices are for the Z18 at Japeuro and they asking R9000 for engine and R4000 for box, I would like to replace the box if I can because mine feels a bit run down. Is there perhaps any other place which I can take a look for the engine and box? Haha I would even pay him, I think I'll stick to the Z18 for now as I guess if I want anything faster I could just cam and change piston and rods later on, but for now I just want decent power. Will take a brave pill and ask him very nicely! :claugh: Shot again for all the help meneer :clap: Where would I go look for a TPS?

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015, 07:54 

Pat wrote:
I just found out what the prices are for the Z18 at Japeuro and they asking R9000 for engine and R4000 for box, I would like to replace the box if I can because mine feels a bit run down. Is there perhaps any other place which I can take a look for the engine and box? Haha I would even pay him, I think I'll stick to the Z18 for now as I guess if I want anything faster I could just cam and change piston and rods later on, but for now I just want decent power. Will take a brave pill and ask him very nicely! :claugh: Shot again for all the help meneer :clap: Where would I go look for a TPS?

Mornings

You can go to Mike's place in Epping. They should have both, but I know they have Z18XE's. They were R8500 when I got mine in December. Just remember, when changing the gearbox, you'll need to change the shafts and hubs too. There is one gearbox, I think the F18, where you DON'T need to change shafts etc. But I'm not 100% sure on this.

Doing mods to these engines is an expensive procedure. Cams and rods, if you get billet cams and proper rods, would be the cost of another engine if not more :LaughOUTLoud: So just do plenty of research before you buy anything.

For the TPS, go to Sparxx Auto in Brackenfell. It's R450 I think. It's a small little thing that's important if you're going throttles. :thumbup:

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015, 10:01 

buy a new car ?

loads of money being mentioned ........

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015, 10:02 

Mr Lupini wrote:
buy a new car ?

loads of money being mentioned ........

And when Lupi says 'new', he means a different car, that's already fast as standard. :thumbup:

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015, 23:34 

Viper1350 wrote:
Pat wrote:

Mornings

You can go to Mike's place in Epping. They should have both, but I know they have Z18XE's. They were R8500 when I got mine in December. Just remember, when changing the gearbox, you'll need to change the shafts and hubs too. There is one gearbox, I think the F18, where you DON'T need to change shafts etc. But I'm not 100% sure on this.

Doing mods to these engines is an expensive procedure. Cams and rods, if you get billet cams and proper rods, would be the cost of another engine if not more :LaughOUTLoud: So just do plenty of research before you buy anything.

For the TPS, go to Sparxx Auto in Brackenfell. It's R450 I think. It's a small little thing that's important if you're going throttles. :thumbup:

The X20XE is also for R9000 at Japeuro, which doesn't sound like too much. If I would need to change the shafts and hubs I might as well just go big eh? But now they don't have a box for that engine, I guess I could source one somewhere else? Mike's Place has the Superboss laying around, but scheme it's gonna be alot. :Uhmm: But then I would still stick with throttles, even if I put the X20XE in. I will go read up some more on Diablo's thread tonight, if only I could also get one of those engines he has for R5900...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

Board index » Technical Talk » Projects