Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Chat » Experiences

Post subject: Opel spares Retreat
 Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016, 05:10 
Cruising with a Cone Filter
Cruising with a Cone Filter

hi I have to share my most recent negative experience I have had with Shaheen Raban from Opel spares Retreat and I urge fellow Opel drivers to tread cautiously where using this company is concerned. Shaheen purchased a second hand engine off me and requested a two part payment be made to me. I was reluctant as I did not want to part with the engine and not have the cash in full, however he committed to paying me one month later and he signed a contract saying he would honor the agreement. The due date for payment has come and gone and Shaheen refused to take my calls or respond to other communication, when he does call me he lies about payment having been made, bank details being incorrect, accounting lady being off etc etc- the list is endless. On second inspection of this company I have realized that this is one of many similar experiences and sadly this company remains in business off the misfortune of others. After almost 3 weeks of daily phone calls emails and eventually having to have a letter of demand drafted they paid me but short paid me obviously thinking that the short payment was "negligible" and would not be worth taking to small claims
Court as I had intended. I ask people who are looking at using this company to think twice. And I hope me sharing this prevents someone else falling into this trap! As a small community of Opel drivers I would hope people would stand together to shame these people.

Post subject: Re: Opel spares Retreat
 Post Posted: 03 May 2016, 09:34 
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member

I had a sh!te experience aswell when taking my corsa to them, being charged for a new part, then when i looked at it, it was the same old part just welded together again LOL i got shouted at saying no i paid for the welding, the didnt promise a new part LOL skelm of note they are yet still in bussiness but one day will be one day, and i will be there on that day to laugh in his face at him and his misfortune known as Kharma LOL Thanks for being brave enough to Share.

Honda VFR NC30
Opel Corsa Gsi Ltd
Nissan 200sti x2
VW MK3 jetta cli
VW MK2 polo player
VW MK1 polo classic

Post Posted: 03 May 2016, 14:50 
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE

Post Posted: 07 May 2016, 12:18