Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Chat » Sports corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
 Post Posted: 27 May 2009, 11:26 

oh yes indeedy ..... where u ouens watching the game ???

Post Posted: 27 May 2009, 11:33 
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management

Shud be a good match. I hope its not a penalty shootout.
Both teams must play attacking football and it will be a great spectacle.

Barcelona cannot defend and are without Dani Alves and Thierry Henry, so they have 2 less attacking weapons...on the other hand United are without Fletcher (who believe it or not may be missed coz nobody in their midfield can tackle).

Im hoping that Messi, Eto'o and Iniesta have a great game tonight to make up for Henry's absence.

Im going for a 2-1 Barca...but i actually wont be surprised if Manure win...(they have some destiny about them this year- 18 league titles and possibly first to repeat CL titles)

May the best team win :thumbup:
Ps. IS NOG LIVERPOOL :mrgreen:

1998 Kadette 200is
2.5 V6 Conversion
2007 Zafira

Post Posted: 27 May 2009, 11:45 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

^ :lol:

Post Posted: 27 May 2009, 11:54 

nah i will go with what the dud said on GHFm this morning 2-0 to MAN
u right about the midfield there derra ....remember that hargreaves is still out and Carrick is a more attack minded midfielder and scholesy is the worst tackler in the world ...lol but the best passer of a ball in the game today .. so we dont have a \"hard man\" in the midfield & this is y there\'s rumours of buying Riberi ...coz if hargreaves comes back in next season we will have 2 \"hard men\" 2 chose from

Post Posted: 27 May 2009, 22:35 
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE

Well done Barca :clap: :clap: :clap:

We never stood a chance, thoroughly outplayed! I bow down :thumbup:

Post Posted: 27 May 2009, 22:43 

Well done Barca :clap:

Lionel Messi for World Player of the year and Iniesta should be a close second :thumbup:

Haaties Manure supporters ;)

1998 Kadette 200is
2.5 V6 Conversion
2007 Zafira

Post Posted: 27 May 2009, 22:46 

agreed we were outpassed .... had no midfield to speak of ... Carrick should have gone off alot sooner .....but i wont take it away from Barca they played extremely well & deserve all the praise :clap: :clap: :clap:

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 08:23 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

Great Game!! :thumbup:
Barca were exceptional - almost fell asleep by end of first half but I stayed awake & watched the 2nd half as well :D

Messi was lucky with that 2nd goal, though.....It was a header, but not a targeted header, but nonetheless. he played excellent :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: @ Ronaldo's Yellow Card - that was just plain stupid what he did

Anger Management Classes for him... :think:

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 08:31 

Not targeted header!? That was classic, he was just off balance CA :thumbup:

Loved Ronaldo's Yellow Card :lol: :lol: True Red Devil :lol: I woulda done the same thing :mrgreen:

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 08:36 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

Okay, let's call it off-balance then (even the commentator's said he doesn't usually score by headers, if not at all :problem: )

Ronaldo - wrong attitude man :thumbdown:

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 08:43 

BECAUSE HE'S SHORT! ;)

Ronaldo - Perfect attitude :thumbup:

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 08:46 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

:roll: :|

ok :lol:

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 11:03 

Preaching to the converted CA :mrgreen:

Im just glad Barca won....makes my e-mails much less today. It would have been Glory Glory the whole day and all kinds of pics and stats and gloating about the best team etc etc. :D

So GLORY GLORY BARCELONA, u guys deserved it, definitely the best team in the CL of 2009. :thumbup:

1998 Kadette 200is
2.5 V6 Conversion
2007 Zafira

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 11:52 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

Was an avid soccer player in primary school! :D

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 12:03 
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Ebie wrote:
Preaching to the converted CA :mrgreen:

Im just glad Barca won....makes my e-mails much less today. It would have been Glory Glory the whole day and all kinds of pics and stats and gloating about the best team etc etc. :D

So GLORY GLORY BARCELONA, u guys deserved it, definitely the best team in the CL of 2009. :thumbup:

seems we sit with the same bunch of friends....lol :claugh: :claugh: :claugh:
but ja, i never doubted the result for a second :whoop: :whoop:

If not....then why not?!?!?!

ex- Member of Extreme Veedubz Club
ex- '96:-1800 Chico Golf
ex- '92:-1600 Golf Caddy
ex- '88:-1800 MK2 Golf

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 14:14 

thing is ouens if u think about it we didnt have a tough game all season (CL) & now when we had 1 like last nite we crumbled under the pressure ... Sir Alex shoulda taken Carrick off long time coz he wasnt in the game and we had no midfield 2 speak of ..... I CANT WAIT FOR RONALDO 2 LEAVE NOW.... and im gonna miss Tevez ....rumours are he's gonna go 2 'pool ......but cant wait 4 Riberi 2 strenghthen our midfield also ... we havent had a real hard man in midfield since Keane left & we def need it

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 17:33 
Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip
Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip

@all - united was owned by barca lastnight, they got the hairdryer treatment, united was chassing shadows after the 10min in the first half already

our midfield is where we got it wrong, SAF's tactics was questionable on the night ... starting anderson + giggs was silly ... IM NOT MAKING EXCUSE BECAUSE UNITED WAS SCHOOLED LASTNIGHT BY THE BETTER TEAM (on the night)

Reasons why I as a united supporter will commend Pep, the man took over as coach and in his first season he wins the treble ... first club in spain to do so ... LA LIGA, COPA DEL RAY, UCL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@freakazoid - Ribery not coming to united until he signed on the dotted line my friend ... remember the talks that surrounded berba before he left tots to come to old trafford ???

plus ...

Ancelotti already told Abramovich that if he takes over as chelski's manager he wants two signings ... ribery + alonso, its rumoured that chelski is willing to fork out 43mill
united is willing to fork out 60mill and evra is speculated to being in talks with his fellow country man in order to convince him that old trafford should be his new home

anyways, ima out looking forward to the comments ... especially with regards to my alonso one @POOL supporters ???

From,

The Stretford End 8)

Liverpool, Liverpool, How did you fair? You beat us twice but no trophy was there, Don't be bitter don't have a moan, Tune in on Wednesday and watch us in Rome, 18 times and thats's a fact, Champions League finals back to back!

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 20:06 

No worries Antonio...Alonso could most probably be sold.
He has the best range of passing in the Premiership and every year he is one of the top performers ito completed passes and assists.
I know Wenger wants him to assist with Fabregas in midfield, but i dont see him going to Chelski either...he might want to go to Spain or Italy instead.

@ Freak, i dunno why u keep talking about Ribery as a holding midfielder...he is not gonna tackle at all, he is an attacking midfielder / playmaker ;)

Manure needs a Steven Gerrard type player and a decent right back then they will be simply unbeatable :oops:

If Liverpool want to unseat Manure next season, we cannot sell Alonso, but additions like Barry, Silva and Tevez would complete the puzzle imo...then we will be world beaters fo sho 8)
Problem is $$$, top players cost too much and we dont have the riches of Manchester (Blue & Red) or Chelski or even Arsenal, so we may be forced to sell a few guys to get in some quality. i can see (Arbeloa,Babel and a few of the other squad players leaving in the summer)

Should be interesting as usual :thumbup:

1998 Kadette 200is
2.5 V6 Conversion
2007 Zafira

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 20:09 

Ja bruver its still just specualtion .... but where would u go 2 ....a winning team or a hazbin team .... Ribery will make the right choice if he's thinking about his career ..... & its speculated that paul scholes said its his last year in the game ..... I think Giggsy should also maybe stop playing coz although he's the greatest winger in the game for the past 15 years or so ... he gets run over by these lighties ... He'll make a good assistant coach 2 basically teach the lighties in the game how 2 be the complete proffessional .....i've watched quite a few reserve games and under 18 level on MUTV and i feel that some of those boys are ready 2 be blead in2 the 1st team .......AND WAVE BYE BYE 2 THAT D*** RONALDO.... it feels like we a 1 man team @ the moment ...& only the greats deserve a team 2 be built around them eg Cantona ,Keane

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 20:24 

Dont get me wrong...any top player would come to Manure if the price is right. Ribery would definitely fit into your team. If u watch him play then u will notice that he is very similar to someone like Iniesta at Barca, but he just scores more goals hence his worth more.
I rate him highly, but then again i also rate Iniesta and another little playmaker Pablo Aimar.

Ronaldo is not needed in this team, it unsettles the balance imo and makes Berbatov and Rooney useless.
Picture this team: Giggs / Nani (LM); Anderson/ Scholes (M); Carrick / Hargreaves (DM); Park / Ribery (RM)

Then have Berba and Rooney up front and voila. Else have Berba top and Rooney behind him (best position imo)

1998 Kadette 200is
2.5 V6 Conversion
2007 Zafira

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Board index » General Chat » Sports corner