Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Chat » Sports corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
 Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 20:48 

^ agree on the last point rooney is a working striker ... he works 4 his ball ... where as berba is a "uitgevriet " striker ...who waits 4 da ball & shhots om site ..... like van nistelrooy.....dont think that Nani is all that either & although giggs is world class his lost alotta speed ...Anderson must still mature alot but he has the makings of a very good player ....scholes is the best passer of the ball in the world 2day imo ....Carrick also still needs alotta maturing Hargreaves is 1 of a dying breed of "hard men" ... Park opitimizes Man Utd ...hard worker but has very little skill imo Ribery is a "rooney" type player ....take no prisoners....we will sorely miss scholes when he leaves as we have no ball player/passer in the side except rooney & this is y i will state again & still believe 2 this day that Rooney will make a better attacking mid than striker .... he has the skill and attitude of King Cantona and is maturing very well to fill King Cantona's boots

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 23:33 
Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip

@freakaziod + @ebie - ima make a turn by the hookup next week then we have a lekker footy talk like the pundits on ESPN :claugh:

ive got plenty to say about your excellent footy comments / post, but its just too long for this thread, see you guys next week if you are going to be there ...

Liverpool, Liverpool, How did you fair? You beat us twice but no trophy was there, Don't be bitter don't have a moan, Tune in on Wednesday and watch us in Rome, 18 times and thats's a fact, Champions League finals back to back!

Post Posted: 29 May 2009, 11:15 
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management

No probs...bring along your own dream team for next year and lets see what suggestions u came up with...should be interesting :thumbup:

1998 Kadette 200is
2.5 V6 Conversion
2007 Zafira

Post Posted: 29 May 2009, 14:53 

salute guys ... i see we the most passionate about our teams .... i\'ll include azeeza in that circle as well ....

Post Posted: 29 May 2009, 15:54 

cool ... i only got one team at the moment bud, the one that i feel should of started in the UCL Final

cant talk about next season's team yet because there's just too much hype and speculation that comes with summer signings and that makes everything that club owners, managers, players, etc say nothing more than fabrications until the last day !!!

will be nice to hear everyones thoughts on the night :thumbup:

Liverpool, Liverpool, How did you fair? You beat us twice but no trophy was there, Don't be bitter don't have a moan, Tune in on Wednesday and watch us in Rome, 18 times and thats's a fact, Champions League finals back to back!

Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009, 10:35 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

Great to hear you guys are coming to the hookup! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009, 20:50 
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE

:angry1:

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009, 12:32 
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

£100million to burn
Sir Alex Ferguson has been handed a £100million transfer fund by Manchester United after he personally gave the order for Cristiano Ronaldo to be sold to Real Madrid. And United last night prepared to enter a bidding war with Chelsea for France international Franck Ribery which could go as high as £65m. Old Trafford boss Ferguson is also known to have Lyon’s £25m forward Karim Benzema on his hit list and he hopes to conclude the £16m signing of Wigan’s Antonio Valencia in the near future. Far from being reluctant to allow Ronaldo to leave, Ferguson actively encouraged the deal once he was made aware of the massive £80million fee. It is also understood that the entire proceeds of the deal will be made available along with Ferguson's annual £20m transfer budget. Wigan’s Ecuador winger Valencia has long been a Ferguson target and he will almost certainly join shortly while the United manager has not yet given up on persuading Carlos Tevez to stay on a long-term deal. As well as Benzema, Ferguson’s hit-list includes Barcelona holding player Yaya Toure. It is, however, the prospect of United going head to head with Chelsea for Bayern Munich’s Ribery that looks the most mouthwatering. Bayern have already indicated the 26-year-old is not for sale and it will take an offer of around £65m for the Frenchman to be prised away.
Ian Ladyman, Daily Mail

United have been linked with a host of top talents since Ronaldo's potential departure was announced. The Guardian says Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o could arrive, while wingers David Silva (The Times) and Arjen Robben (Daily Star) are also being monitored.

Sir Alex is also keen to prevent any more players leaving Old Trafford, according to The Times, who say Barcelona are set to move for Nemanja Vidic and Manchester City lead the chase for Carlos Tevez.

Ex: '97 Opel Astra Estate 200i
'00 Opel Corsa GSI 2.0 16v
'96 Opel Astra 200i E 16v
'02 Opel Corsa GSI 1.6
'93 Honda Ballade 160e 16v
'95 Opel Astra 200i E 16v

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009, 12:33 
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Nani: I'll step up

As United are linked with a host of new signings to replace the outgoing Cristiano Ronaldo, Reds winger Nani is confident of rediscovering his best form and showing his true value.

The former Sporting Lisbon winger is certain Ronaldo will be a success at the Santiago Bernabeu, and he is similarly confident of stepping up to the plate in his countryman's absence.

"He has been doing an excellent job so I think he deserves it," Nani told Portuguese news agency IOL. "It is a fantastic amount, excellent and fair value for what he has done. Real Madrid are a great club and will be good for him.

"I think I can have more opportunities now. Cristiano was very important to Manchester but now I can show my value and they will gamble more on me."

Nani struggled to replicate the impressive form of his maiden campaign last term, but has still made 72 appearances and scored 10 goals since arriving from Portugal in the summer of 2007.

'02 Opel Corsa GSI 1.6

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009, 12:43 

:f_u:

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009, 12:53 

Im still shocked about the fee though 8O ...but i think its a good bit of business done by Manure..Ronaldo has already won everything domestically, so he will want a change of scenery.

I dont care who they buy...the team will have to learn to play differently now, coz Ronaldo was capable of swinging tight games with his brilliant moments and thats gone now.

I reckon SAF has to look at a stronger midfield unit (defensively) and bring in a decent right back and they should again be hard to beat domestically.

I just hope we dont have to sell any of our big players :shifty:

1998 Kadette 200is
2.5 V6 Conversion
2007 Zafira

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009, 13:11 

joh - liverstool's finances are sad ne :wtf:

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009, 13:20 

k*k sad...the supporters club has been trying for 2 years now to get rid of those 2 American owners who are basically killing our club. Liverpool needs a new investor who can setlle that 350m pounds debt and invest money to complete the new stadium...its a tall order.
We could face the start of the new season bankrupt, which means we will have a 15 - 30 point negative start and basically no European football (which is the biggest revenue source).
Worse than that it could mean having to sell Gerrard, Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Agger etc. :oops:

Everything will be clear at the end of July :(

1998 Kadette 200is
2.5 V6 Conversion
2007 Zafira

Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 12:55 
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Ribery,would be a good buy in place of Ronaldo.Not in the same class,but stil a brilliant player.United definitely need a right back,but until they find 1,Brown and O Shea are capable of filling in that role.

'02 Opel Corsa GSI 1.6

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010, 20:24 

TONIGHT, WE DINE IN HELL!!!!!

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010, 20:26 

FOR SPAARRTAAAAAA :claugh:

Good luck tonight. I hope Ronaldinho scores and somehow gets himself into the Brazil team for his last WC...would really like to see him here :oops:

1998 Kadette 200is
2.5 V6 Conversion
2007 Zafira

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010, 20:27 
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Rebellious wrote:

Soe issit nie mee die "Theatre of dreams" nie. :popcorn2: :kallit:

'97 Corsa B - X20XEV
"07 Astra H

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010, 20:32 

Opelluvr wrote:
Rebellious wrote:

Soe issit nie mee die "Theatre of dreams" nie. :popcorn2: :kallit:

No need to dream 8)
ma os is nou wel ini hel :lol:

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010, 20:33 

Ebie wrote:
FOR SPAARRTAAAAAA :claugh:

Good luck tonight. I hope Ronaldinho scores

Ebie wrote:
and somehow gets himself into the Brazil team for his last WC...would really like to see him here :oops:

+1

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010, 13:11 
Turbocharged
Turbocharged

En toe weereens lat Rooney AC Milan lyk soos 'n practice match. :lol:

Damn die game was goed. Rooney is goin to beat Ronaldo's goal average for Man U. :okka:

Glory Man United!!! :woot:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Board index » General Chat » Sports corner