Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Events » Opel Club CT events

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010, 10:59 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

As per above flyer:

Date: 26 June 2010
Venue: 10 Myhof Rd, Claremont (Behind Access Park)
Times: All drivers to be there by 14h00 sharp so your place & team can be confirmed & allocated
Racing will start @ 15h00 sharp!
Cost: R140pp (NOTE: This is dependant on the total no. of drivers that participate, so bring extra cash just in case!)
Duration of racing: +- 2hrs (depending on length of enduro, no's of drivers, etc.)
Drivers participating will be briefed before event starts

First come, first served, so be early to avoid dissappointment :thumbup:

No alcohol allowed inside premises, but feel free to bring your braai goodies, etc & chill with us afterwards at the venue 8)

As of 18/06/2010, we have 25 confirmed drivers for the event ;) so get your name on THIS LIST, (click here) asap

All welcome!
Gonna be loads of fun! :woot:

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010, 19:48 
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management

:smile: Take photos!! Cant attend :problem: Nice flyer!! :duim:

EX: Kadette T-Car 1800 84kw 155nm
I'm a Alien..
Driving is like sex.. Everybody thinks their good at it

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010, 20:51 
Turbocharged with NOS
Turbocharged with NOS

:twisted:

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010, 22:42 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

event now on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=133579443335656

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010, 20:18 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

i think we like on 24-25 confirmed drivers now...still plenty of more space left people :thumbup:

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010, 09:12 
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE

I am getting people together from my lab, seems we might have about 6-9 people...

gonna get them together today

Swedish House Mafia- Greyhound

Ex:
'12 Fiat Bravo Sport 110kw 235nm
'11 Kia Koup 122kw 203nm
'08 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.5 VVTi
'02 Euro Opel Corsa 160is
'85 Opel GSI 2 door Boss

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010, 09:44 
Opel Club Cape Town Member

Enjoy guys, I'll be in Gauteng the weekend.

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 09:53 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

Those that are part of the MK1 Boyz group on fb would have gotten this msg. They are coming to the Karting event & some of them might participate. It pays to help each other :thumbup:

Quote:
Jp ClaassenJune 24, 2010 at 9:41am

Subject: Mk1 Boyz

Jis alle Mk1 Boyz lede moet 14:00 saterdag 26 Junie by Paarl McDonalds bymekaar kom. Ons wil stickers bestel so die wat stickers wil he moet hule geld saam bring (R15 n sticker). Die Opel Club Cape Town het vi os na hule go-kartidng event by Kenilworth Karting to genooi so os gan bietje gesig gan wys haha en dit is bai...e goie exposure vir die Mk1 Boyz. Ons wil 14:30 op die laatste vertrek vanaf McDonalds na die event to. Die wat wil deelneem in die enduro race moet R140 minimum saam bring en vooraf vir Morne bell om reelings te maak. Almal moet asseblief probeer om daar te wees!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dankie
Mk1 Boyz

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 10:03 

JDMrejects are also coming :duim:

Swedish House Mafia- Greyhound

Ex:
'12 Fiat Bravo Sport 110kw 235nm
'11 Kia Koup 122kw 203nm
'08 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.5 VVTi
'02 Euro Opel Corsa 160is
'85 Opel GSI 2 door Boss

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 11:53 
Filter, Exhaust & Branch
Filter, Exhaust & Branch

me and my motjie will be coming as well :whoop:

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 11:56 

crispy boss wrote:
JDMrejects are also coming :duim:

:respek: I smaak this peoples club!!

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 12:29 

Just a VERY IMPORTANT thinkgy i need to let u guys no is that....
There is an event just before us. We are RACING at 3. This means that u guys need to be there before that ok.
There are a few logistical things that i need to go thru obviously before that time . One being i will have an EMPTY LIST with me at the track and whoever is participating needs to find me and put ur name down onto the list. We need 36 drivers to have 6 teams of 6 drivers.

What i suggest is that we put all the names in a hat and then pull out six names at a time and group them in a team.
If u have other options thats fine but voice them now rather than at the track coz we may not be able to controll all u coloureds in that way.
We will draw cart numbers for each team.
And we will draw grid slots for each cart on the starting line.

Before i let u monkeys on the track you will have to be sit thru a 5 min SAFETY AND RACING RULES OF THE COMPLEX that u have to listen to and understand. Please do not cum to me afterwards complaining that u were black flaged thru ur stint of the race. All the rules will be explained and any questions will be answered.
Team managers will be selected from each team of 6.
Team manager will be held responsible for the entire team so if u wana complain during the race take it up with ur team manager ok.
The rest u guys will be there for so ...
TWO VERY IMPORTANT THINGS U NEED TO REMEMBER
1... GET THERE EARLY ok cos there is alot of paperwork that needs to be compoleted before we are given access to the track
2....BEFORE U DO ANYTING ELSE WHEN U GET THERE, BEFORE EVEN SHAKING EVERYBODYS HANDS AND SUIPING OUT OF THE BOOT, FINE ME AN DPUT UR NAME DOWN ON THE INDEMNITY FORM THAT I WILL HAVE WITH ME OK

I will need help from one of the exec girls please to put all the names in a hat and draw the names into the teams.

If u guys maybe know the team that ud like to maybe be in with a team name then bring it forward and maybe we cud do it that way.
Its just a suggestion
u may not like the team u get placed into but its for fun and its a family day so please leave all ur fighting habits and pushy ways at home ok.
It is a place of business and there will be other spectators and other clubs joining us.
The premisis is a non smokin HALAAL establishment. No liqour inside premises at all will be olerated. What u do outside is between u and police but yes, do it quietly and not cause any scenes.

WATCH THIS SPACE .....

EVERY DAY DRIVER - Sloyota Twincam 16V - Standard.
OPEL BEAST - RACEWEB Black SB
HONDA VFR 800 FI
HONDA CBR1000RR Fireblade. New addition to the fam.

Aqeel
AKA CHIEFY

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 12:44 

A quick ammendment to the above
THE LIST that i will have will for OBVIOUS reasons have the list of the names that have been confirmed here on our website ok

So to guys that intend to join us at the event please make sure u guys are there early so that whatever empty seats are available can be allocated to u on a first cum first served basis

Im not sure what the arrangement are for collecting the cash but seing that i will be having the INDEMNITY FORM, I dont mind collecting it as u put ur name down.

Another thing...If ur name has already been confirmed, it will be on the list but please, this is important ok, U STILL NEED TO FIND ME AND SIGN THE DOCUMENT OK. I will be needing a signature next to each person thats racing for INDEMNITY PROTOCOL...u no all the fine print and all that stuff...

But all that will be explained in the debriefing u will receive beofre the race.
Other than that, Mr Stoelman, u can get back to me as to who has already paid and who still has to pay, cos if ur name is down u need to part with R140. ok
so thiose that still need to pay, lemme have it when u sign ur name on the dotted line.

The paying of the event needs to take place before we are allowed to get into the carts.
NON REFUNDABLE I MUST ADD so if u get flaged its ur race boet so dont play bumper cars ok, it is a race , it is very dangerouos, you all have heard about the girl that got her hair pulled out, i no of sumone that has cracked their ribs cos they wanted to jump around in the seat so please u have been warned, it is dangerous and u will be sharing the track with 5 other carts with questionable drivers behinf the wheel ok..
Its for ur own safety and please wear closed shoes. Sandals will not ne allowed at all. U can racein r underwear if u want to but closed shoes is a must. Takies or anything.
If any females racing, leave the heels at home or bring and extra set of takies with ok
Helmets will be provided with hair nets but if u have ur own, please bring it along.

Cheers ( for now)

HONDA VFR 800 FI

Aqeel
AKA CHIEFY

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 12:56 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

Aqeel wrote:
If u have other options thats fine but voice them now rather than at the track coz we may not be able to controll all u coloureds in that way.

8O :claugh:

Anyways...Aqeel, I'll get one of the exec members of one of the Opel Club ladies to help you with the forms AND collecting of cash, as it only makes sense that the person(s) who's handling indemnity forms, should handle the money

so far donny 8v has eft'ed his R140 into the club account which I will withdraw & bring with me on Sat

Team Names can be decided upon now / or at the event. I MADE SURE I MENTIONED ON FACEBOOK, THE MAILING LIST & ON THIS FORUM THAT ALL PARTICIPATING DRIVERS TO BE THERE AT 14H00 so that monies can be collected & places & teams can be confirmed!
Also i stressed, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED! ;)

PS (look at the facebook event, the first post on this thread or on the mail i sent out & you'll see i mentioned all what you just said etc)

The teams, we can leave that hat story..i got an easier way to choose teams, if thats ok with you otherwise i must get pieces of papers with all names on it etc...not ayoba

Im sure we'll get 36, as i know of drivers that confirmed that WILL RACE as well

i'll probably be busy with giving out new members shirts, stickers / membership cards as well BUT 1 or 2 people on the opel club exec will help you & so will I once i sorted the members out

Anyways..im pretty excited for sat

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 13:02 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

also Aqeel has organised a hot dog stand there, there is also a cooldink vending machine

but those that wanna braai are welcome to, bring own grid, meat (halaal) & wood / charcoal

we'll probably chill afterwards at the venue mos

oh Aqeel...hope everything is sorted, im sorry man...didn't even contact Faizal but im sure you organised everything with him...that why i didn't worry :D

just waiting on Azeez to give feedback re: medals (he said the guys got the order, so now we wait)

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 13:50 

ok ive asked tzotzi and he said he gona organise with his family members that do that. So im still waiting to here from him quick. THe boy is still on lunch. Not so sure if his boss realises that he be on lunch the hole dam day..Just gets to work, punches in his time then goes for lunch whole day and then just makes an appearance when its time to go home so he can clock in his time again .....

Eish man

But yes but like i said i will will be there alot earlier sabotaging all the other carts, and making sure the cart i select for the team i am on is the quickest...hehehehe just jokes beofre sum1 really thinks im gona do that.
There will be an even so please when u do get there i will be at the RACEWEB LOUNGE which is inside but further back just past the pool tables. If u dont see me around just ask one of the guys there but i shud be in and out there the whole time.
So u gona handle the 6 groups of 6 drivers.

I will have a list with numbers 1 - 36
the first few will be of the names that are on the list here on the other thread i think but ya...

All im waiting for isTauseef to let me know if the food thing is sorted out. Why must everything be done on CT time. How do you guys ever manage to get work done during normal working hours is sumthing i will neva understaand.

HONDA VFR 800 FI

Aqeel
AKA CHIEFY

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 14:12 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

since the time i moved to the cape (1995) i've adapted i think..lol, take eveything easy & laidback...some might not agree that im relaxed tho

anyways...i'll be there at 2pm, maybe slightly earlier as i have to go pick the ladies shirts in tygervalley before i cum thru

oh so you went with tauzty for the food..ok no prob, just confirm a couple of times with him PLEASE :lol: :chill:

ya i'll sort out teams...got a simpler method of sorting who goes into what teams (with the pieces of paper just now they'll say we rigged that :lol: )
but ya we'll see what happens..we can do that paper thing as well but all depends on how many drivers we get

then they can also choose their team name there & then & ALSO do a war cry - :lol: :lol:

oh azeez will be getting the medals & paying for it, i'll just reimbure him when i get there

impt thing is getting every1's money / signed indemn. form etc.

rather make a list of 50 just in case we get more than 36

i'll bring the club banner just to hang up sumwhere & as usual, club shirts / stickers / membership cards / ladies shirts

i dnt think i have to bring anything else from my side :problem:

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 14:14 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

:listen: OH ALL CLUB MEMBERS TO WEAR CLUB SHIRTS PLEASE :duim:

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010, 15:05 

ok no problem

With the situation as it stands now it seems (if i may be so bold) that we may have a situation whereby there willbe more than 36 drivers.
Im gona see if i can have an option whereby we cud convert the 2 hour to a 3 our to accomodate extra drivers.

Will have to first consult the booking office at the track cos i do no there is an even that will be on when we get there at 2, and i do no that there is an event on after us. Will just make sure to see what time they have booked the place from and see if we can work sumthing out ifneed be.

But leave that to me

But for now remember is 36 drivers. Names on the opel site is to have first pref. And the remainin open slots willbe filled in as FIRST CUM FIRST SERVED. So make sure u guys find me as soon as u guys get there ok

Now leave me alone, i got work to do otherwise i wont be able to pay for this and then ima have to sniff all ur fuel lines....

HONDA VFR 800 FI

Aqeel
AKA CHIEFY

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010, 12:21 
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR

UPDATE: There will be halaal food & stuff for sale
There is a cooldrink vending machine

THERE will be individual medals, presented..for the top 3 teams :duim:

Board index » Events » Opel Club CT events